Make Up Tips for Winter:
- Choose good face cream to apply under your makeup, so it will last long.
- If you are going to be exposed to cold weather for longer than 20 minutes, do not use creams that may leave a moisture level just under your makeup, it may destroy your makeup. If you use moisturizer, make sure you choose light consistency moisturizer so skin of your face will absorb it fully before makeup application.
- You can use silicone based foundations in winter's cold days, they are good to work with.
- To party in winter, choose powder make up foundation, it's more resistant for temperature changes.
- If it's really cold outside, avoid liquid foundations, they do not like temperature changes. Read about makeup foundations.
- Mascara, eyeliners or lipliners should be waterproof – you will be sure that your makeup will stay on.
- Loose powder may cause skin dryness and give effect of cracked skin.
- Avoid cream blush in cold days – they contain vaseline derivatives substances, not recommended during cold days.
- When you choose blush or eyeshadows, pick mousse one and avoid eyeshadows that contain vaseline.
- Choose lipstick that contains beeswax instead of lip gloss.
- Avoid pink and red makeup colors in winter if you don't want skin redness effect.
- In winter time make up is not as much sensitive to cold as to drastic temperature changes. If you change environments from very cold to very hot (from outdoor to indoor), your makeup is in danger – thanks to intensified blood flow to the skin's surface.